You get a Windows 7 product key when you purchase Windows operating system for one or more PCs. Windows license key is a 25-character code. It is used to activate the OS. The product key verifies that Windows has been used on given numbers of PCs that the Microsoft Software License Terms allow.
If you purchase it online, the vendor will send your Windows 7 product key in the confirmation email you receive after purchasing or in the box Windows came in. If you bought a PC with Windows pre-installed, the original key comes pasted on the product by the PC manufacturer.
Windows 7 Product Key – License Activation Process
It is recommended to install/upgrade Windows 7 while your current version of Windows running. But if you want a clean installation of Windows on a PC, you need to format the hard drive and reinstall the windows using its product key. You can do this to install Windows 7 upgraded version. Start your computer using the Windows 7 installation disc or a USB flash drive, click Custom (advanced), and then click Drive options (advanced).
Be sure to use the same version and edition of Windows the computer came with. In other words, if it came with Windows 7 Home Premium, you can’t install Windows 7 Professional.
If you receive an error indicating that your Windows 7 product key is not valid when installing, it could be for the following reasons:
- You might have mistyped your genuine product key. Try retyping it.
- You might be using a product key that doesn’t match the version of Windows 7 that’s installed on your computer. Check the product key to make sure it is for the version that you are trying to activate. You can’t use a product key for Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 (SP1) to activate a copy of Windows 7 without SP1.
- The product key is for an upgrade version of Windows 7 and a previous version of Windows wasn’t on your computer when Windows 7 was installed. To install an upgrade version of Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP must be installed on your computer. If you formatted the drive before starting the installation process, you won’t be able to use the upgrade Win 7 key to activate Windows. To activate Windows 7, you’ll need to install your previous version of Windows, and then reinstall Windows 7.
Note: If you used an installation key specifically, To activate Windows 7 features you will need the license key.
Windows 7 Product Key For All Editions & Versions
A product key is required to activate Retail and Volume License versions, both 32-bit and 64-bit. The genuine product key won’t be valid for a non-genuine copy of Windows. Here are all the versions of Windows 7 Download but Product Key is specific to the version of Win7 OS.
- Starter (OEM for low end 32bit PCs)
- Home Basic (Retail & OEM With basic features)
- Home Premium (Retail & OEM best for home users)
- Professional (Retail, OEM & VL for with networking)
- Ultimate (Retail & OEM with complete features)
- Enterprise (Volume license Pro edition + Languages)
If you still can’t find your Win 7 key, you might need to buy a product key – a new one – to activate Windows. You can purchase an additional copy of the same edition of Windows 7, which contains a product key that you can use.
Still Unable To Install Windows 7 Key?
If you’re unable to enter a Windows 7 Key without getting an error message, you can leave the box empty and click Next, or you can click Skip. This will allow you to finish setup, but your copy of Windows 7 won’t be activated. You must activate Windows within 30 days of installation.
Where To Get Windows 7 Ultimate/Professional Product Key
After installation, you need to activate Microsoft operating system with the original product key. So how do get the latest working serial keys to activate Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit or 32-bit versions? Microsoft’s Online Activation is a 100% Genuine way to use the product key to install Windows 7 OS.
Win 7 Product keys activate the full functions of Windows 7 Ultimate/Professional. No need for an Ultimate activator, crack, or fake product key generator. One Key works permanently on a single PC, you can even re-install the OS using this serial key.
But I need new Windows 7 Ultimate/Professional Product Key because I lost the old key or “I DO NOT WANT TO BUY IT”
So If you’ve lost your Windows 7 Ultimate/Professional product key and want to get a new one, Just purchase it from an online license vendor at a reasonable price.
Getting an Ultimate Product Key for free is not an easy job. If you are having a problem with your current Windows 7 installation and want to repair or re-install windows then you need a valid product key or serial key. But now you don’t need to search anymore because here we have listed the most useful product keys for Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and 32-bit. These are the latest, working free keys. It sure will be helpful for all ultimate users.
Applies to: Ultimate/Professional 64-bit & 32-bit OS.
You might need: Windows 7 Ultimate ISO Download
Windows 7 Ultimate/Professional Serial Keys (OEM)
Lenovo – 22TKD-F8XX6-YG69F-9M66D-PMJBM
Dell – 342DG-6YJR8-X92GV-V7DCV-P4K27
Acer – FJGCP-4DFJD-GJY49-VJBQ7-HYRR2
It is advised that you first try activating the windows using the Windows 7 serial keys. If this isn’t working for you and the trial expiry warning irritates you, then you might want to get your hands dirty with illegal methods. Some sites also provide crack, but it’s better to scan your download with an antivirus because all kinds of crack or pirated software may have some malware that can cause more harm than good.
Hint: If these keys don’t work, you can use Windows Loader to active Windows 7 Ultimate.
Note: These serial keys might not work if you updated the Windows 7. If you receive a “not valid” or “duplicate key” error when installing your Windows 7 Ultimate product key.